Principles of effective web design
5 power questions to help you create a successful website
A website that does not work is the most expensive type of website, yet about 85% of sites don’t work well.
Building an effective presence on the web doesent have to be difficult or expensive. A website is an investment of money for sure, however ‘time’ is the real expense. Get it right from the beginning and you will make more money, Don’t be a ‘headless chicken’ waiting months or years hoping it will kick in at some stage?
- Get out a notepad and set your outcomes, what do you need the website to achieve?
- What is your message?
- Why should people buy from you?
- What can you promise your customers? Quality, innovation, exemplary customer service?
- What solutions do you bring to the market? Web visitors will ask themselves ‘is this for me?’ Is the answer going to be ‘yes’?
- Can you communicate this fast? Statistically you just have less than 2 seconds to impress a homepage visitor before they bounce.
- Do you have the visuals to support your message delivery?
- Can you answer all your customers questions on the website? Don’t assume they will get in touch if they have a question.
- Will the visitor see and understand the product or service quickly and checkout even quicker?
- Before you decide on your platform… work out the issues and outcomes.
“Develop a strategy to be heard above the din that is our digital lives.”
Recognise your website is a marketing platform, it is the rock that will anchor all your online efforts. A rock on which you can stand and people can hear you.